Hello, and welcome to our on-line laboratory. Before we begin, there are a few general things about your participation that we would like you to know about.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the conduct of this research or your rights as a research participant, please contact the Office of Research Affairs at the University of California, Riverside:
- Your participation in this study is completely voluntary, and you may discontinue your participation at any time without penalty.
- The experiment takes about 20 minutes to complete, and we'll pay you $3.00.
- The data that we collect in this study are anonymous and completely confidential. Any public or published presentation of these results will not identiy you in any way.
- The study is designed to further our understanding of how people remember and make judgments about people and events.
- The experiment involves watching a video and answering some questions about it. There are different versions of the video and some versions depict aggressive and violent behavior. Although these behaviors are no more violent than things you might see on regular television, we want you to know about them. If you are uncomfortable with such material, this might not be a good study for you to participate in.
- After your participation in the study is completed, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. After all the data are collected and analyzed, if you are interested in knowing the results, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We anticipate that all of the data will be collected and analyzed in about three months.